Would you be interested in working with a church with great potential?
- We just added two new elders last year, now we have five.
- We have twelve active deacons.
- We just paid off 13 acres and our new building with a café and gym in less than 10 years!
- Our elders have just set forth some challenging goals.
- Bixby is one of the fast-growing parts of Tulsa County and we are gearing up for tremendous growth right around our church building. City planners estimate 1,500 homes will be built within a 5-mile radius of the church building in the next few years!
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled minister who can come connect with our entire congregation – not just with the teens. We are looking for someone to help develop parents and teens to be leaders. We want to serve our community, inspire our members and prepare each person to use their God-given gifts for his glory.
Just last month, a parent-led initiative started a special dinner to raise money for our youth to participate in camps, retreats, and other events. In one day, our first event raised $1,700+… That is in addition to the money already budgeted for youth programs!
Our large classroom dedicated to youth has a sound system, a large screen tv for movies and PowerPoint, couches and bean bags for comfortable hangout space. We also have a foosball table, air hockey table and ping pong table, creating a fun place to hang out. With lots of free space in our gym, a café area with lots of tables and eating space and a large auditorium with moveable chairs instead of old pews, we have lots of options for larger gatherings and events, too.
If you’re looking for a congregation with great parental involvement, big dreams and the potential to succeed, please take a look at this recent video presenting the goals and direction of our congregation – bixbychurch.org/visionvid – we think you’ll agree that Bixby is a great place to work and worship!
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
- One who exhibits a personal and growing relationship with God, a healthy family life and a teachable spirit
- One called to ministry, who has a desire and passion for youth, service and evangelism
- An engaging teacher with a strong biblical background
- One who can create and execute a long-term vision of ministry
- A self-motivated leader capable of engaging with students, parents and staff
- One who possesses a bachelor degree, experience in senior high youth ministry, strong administrative skills and a spiritual life congruent with biblical mandates for leaders (1 Tim 3: 1-7)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and organize effective youth programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship and evangelism
- Maintain contact with students and parents by keeping them informed of ongoing activities
- Manage the youth ministry budget by managing events, collecting funds from students and managing expenses for events also manage student costs for events and trips in a timely fashion
- Provide counseling and spiritual direction to our youth on both a group and individual basis
- Participate as needed or requested in the evaluation and development of the overall church ministry
- Other duties as required
- Attend classes, worship services, special meetings, and small groups as involved members should
- Present semi-annual ministry updates and goals for the coming year to the deacons and elders
- Present a yearly youth budget
- Participate in semi-annual job performance reviews
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to the beginning of any scheduled event to ensure the necessary support staff and items are in place. (i.e. Sunday morning by 8:30AM and Wednesday night by 6:30PM)
- Participate in communication and planning with staff at weekly staff meeting
- Preach on occasion
Send Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org